-->

February 24, 2013

January's 5 Lip Products

After this, I only have February as part of the original group! However sitting next to me is a box full of lip products that I've accumulated in the past few months that I haven't touched! Some are from subscription boxes, a few I've purchased and most are from swaps. I think I just counted about 34! That's not including my EoS lip balms that I got for Christmas - but that's a little different.

January's contestants are as follows:

Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Gorgeous Peach, The Body Shop Born Lippy in Satsuma, OCC Lip Tar in Reverb, Lise Watier Plumpissimo Le Gloss in Nude and Kat Von D Foiled Love Liquid Lipstick in Adora


Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Gorgeous Peach


- Beautiful colour with a little shimmer
- Decent lasting
- Easily applied
- Slight waxy feel, but barely noticeable
- Needs to be sharpened, so you have to remember to take it out of the purse (or carry a sharpener with you)
Price:  $10 (I don't remember the price as it's no longer available, but it wasn't expensive)

Verdict: If I could find it somewhere, I would re-buy it in a heart beat!

The Body Shop Born Lippy in Satsuma
(no pictures)


- Love the smell of it, but the smell lasts long on the lips and you can taste it. It's not good
- applied clear with a little shimmer

Price: $6

Verdict: It's so disgusting that I threw it out after a few days.


OCC Lip Tar in Reverb


- Orange based Red (not the colour I asked for)
- Highly recommended to apply with a lip brush
- Should also use a lip liner to avoid feathering
- Very drying on the lips
- Little goes a long way - very pigmented
Price: Website $16, purchased at last year's IMATS for $10  (the prices online used to be $13, however new packaging and a bit more product has increased the prices)

Verdict: Would not buy again. I feel like this is a high maintenance lip product - too much work for the upkeep. Used it this one time only to test it out.


Lise Watier Plumpissimo Le Gloss in Nude 


- No plump, no tingle
- Very thin, almost liquidy
- Very sheer
- Not sticky
- This sample came with a brush tip, while online pictures look more like a doe foot

Price: $21

Verdict: While I wouldn't purchase again, I'll do my best to finish this one. It's not that bad.

Kat Von D Foiled Love Liquid Lipstick in Adora

I've already tried this a few times and not a big fan, so this actually went into a swap. I found the formula a little hard to work with (need a lip brush) and because of the colour, there is no room for errors! It's also a little on the drying side.
Price: $23

Verdict: I think it's safe to say that I'd pass on all of Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks, as much as I'd like to like them. 

Bonus item! Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothy

Since one item went into the garbage right away and another was swapped early on, I figured I needed at least one other thing to report on! This was a new purchase...

- Buildable color
- No smell, no taste
- Slightly moisturizing
- It's not a lipstick, more like a balm
- Glossy
 Price: $11 (once again, don't remember the price)

Verdict: I would buy again. It's nice for those days you want some moisture and a touch of colour.

In case you need/want to reference, these are my lips, naked, so that you can compare if you want.

A few more months left!

December's 5 Lip Products
November's 5 Lip Products
October's 5 Lip Products
September's 5 Lip Products
August's 5 Lip Products

*hug*

-Sam

2 comments:

  1. That Lip Tar is gorgeous. I need to add that one to my collection:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the Lise Watier gloss to be watery as well :(

    ReplyDelete