-->

November 16, 2012

October's 5 Lip Products

For the month of October, I decided to go for colours that were a little more on the pink side as it was Breast Cancer Awareness month. I've posted two additional pictures to show the applicator as they're specifically mentioned in my comments, as well as swatches midway!



Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar in Hush



- Highly recommended to apply with a lip brush (this is the old/original packaging which looks like you could apply it directly to your lips - You shouldn't!)
- Should also use a lip liner to avoid feathering
- Nice colour, described as "bridal neutral pink"
- Very drying on the lips
- Little goes a long way - very pigmented
Price: Website $16, purchased at last year's IMATS for $10  (the prices online used to be $13, however new packaging and a bit more product has increased the prices)

Verdict: Would not buy again. I feel like this is a high maintenance lip product - too much work for the upkeep. I don't think I reached for it at all in October.

The Body Shop Hi-Shine lip treatment

- Smells nice - like grapefruit
- Really sheer with slight shimmer
- Thick, but not quite sticky
- Slightly moisturizing
Price: $5 (13ml). I got a 6ml sample free with purchase a while back.

Verdict: I would possible buy in the future. It's nice when you just want a little gloss.

Flash, L to R: OCC, Body Shop, Buxom, Bare Minerals. Bottom: Kat Von D

No flash L to R: OCC, Body Shop, Buxom, Bare Minerals. Bottom: Kat Von D


Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick

- Full review can be found here
- Extremely drying
- Smooth when first applied
- Dries matte
- Very pigmented
- Suggest to use a lip liner
Price: $23

Verdict: I want to love it. I really do. And while I have two (the other will be a different month), I don't think I'll be buying this again. Now that I think of it, I should have returned it after trying it out a few times at home.


Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in April

- Love the tingling sensation from the plumping - however didn't really notice any plump (some people may not like the sensation - it is more than others that I've tried)
- Gorgeous colour - perfect for that hint of shimmery pink
- After a while, you can somewhat feel the glitter/sparkle that's in it (it is very fine though)
- Not sticky
Price: $23

Verdict: You might be able to tell from the picture that there's less than half left (no, not just from October!). I did reach for this one at least 4 times a week. I really like this. I will possibly buy it again in the future. Once I run through anything & everything else that's similar that I may already own.

Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing  in Courage

 

- No taste, no smell
- Another perfect colour for me from this line
- I really do enjoy the applicator on this - I think they call it a paddle brush?
- Smooth, silky
Price: $20

Verdict: I've said it before, definitely a re-buy!

Anything you'd like to test out?  What are your favorite lip products?

No comments:

Post a Comment