-->

December 26, 2016

Josie Maran Glowing Argan Oil Skincare Essentials



Summer or Winter, everyone wants glowing skin. The secret to glowing skin is really in your skincare, and Josie Maran knocked it out of the park!

If you've read my Holiday Value Set guide, you seen that the Josie Maran Glowing Argan Oil Skincare Essentials was at the top of that list. Since purchasing this set during the Sephora 15% off sale, (almost) every item has been used on a daily basis. It's been quite some time since I've fallen in absolute love with a skincare item (or 4!).


Argan Oil (also known as Moroccan Oil) has been used for decades by Moroccans on their skin and hair and has slowly gained popularity with the rest of the world. Pure Argan Oil is rich in vitamins A and E, loaded with antioxidants, Omega-6 fatty acid and linoleic acid. Research shows that linoleic acid has a couple cosmetic benefits, such as being an anti-inflammatory, an acne reducer and a moisture holder. All quite beneficial to our skin.

Each item in the Josie Maran Glowing Argan Oil Skincare Essentials contains Argan Oil, including the Nirvana Hydrating Treatment Mist.


Nirvana Hydrating Treatment Mist

Package says:
  • Amplifies the benefits of your skincare ritual
  • Argan Oil extract nourishes and softens while coconut water adds hydration and electrolytes
  • Multi-fruit complex stimulates collagen production
  • Alcohol-free formula attracts moisture for plump, supple skin 
The mist can be sprayed after you cleanse your face just before applying your moisturizer to help it better absorb. This is my main use, and it does make a difference. It can also be used anytime during the day for a refreshing pick-me-up.


100% Pure Argan Oil

Package says:
  • Ideal for all skin types, including sensitive and dry skin
  • In just 4 weeks, 100% Pure Argan Oil is clinicaly proven to:
    •  Visibly reduce coarse wrinkles and fine lines
    • Significantly improve skin smoothness and hydration
In case it needs to be said, this is the pure stuff. There is no other ingredient added. 2-3 drops is used over my entire face and neck. If there's any left on my hands, I'll run it through my hair or just rub it into my cuticles. It does not feel oily or greasy and absorbs into my skin within a couple minutes. This is often the last step in my skincare routine. My skin looks flawless and amazing, even a little more radiant and often no foundation or BB cream is applied. I feel comfortable to go out with just the Argan Oil on my skin.


Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm

Package says:
  • First ever skincare and makeup finisher and primer hybrid
  • 100% Pure Argan Oil whipped with powerful smoothing and anti-aging ingredients
  • Instantly hydrates skin while minimizing the appearance of pores
  • Adds a plump, ethereal, luminous look to skin
The formula is a whipped cream with a bit of silicone and has a bit of a iridescent look to it. I was skeptical. First time it was applied, I noticed that you didn't need too much, but a little more than what I would typically use as primer. It set the canvas nicely and hid some of my unsightly pores. My foundation applied nicely over it without any issues. The power this has as a primer really shown through when I decided to wear my BB cream. It lasted all day without a touch up (except around the nose since I was still recovering from a sinus cold). A couple more tests, and this might just be my new go-to primer.


Argan Enlightenment Illuminizer

Package says:
  • Concentrated, Argan Oil-infused radiance liquid
  • Champagne hue mimics the natural radiance of healthy skin
  • High-performance crystals infused with multi-colored luster pigments capture and reflect light
  • Poet's narcissus and madonna lily brighten skin
OMG! Instant love. It blends in flawlessly and you can build up the intensity of the highlighter. Want an all-over glow? Add a drop or two to your moisturizer or foundation. This looks amazing and really gives that natural glow-from within. It lasts a solid 10 hours on me. The one thing that I'm not a big fan of is the little pump. Because I tend to use this mostly on the cheekbones, it always pumps too much (even when trying to be careful). So I just unscrew it and take just the amount that I need. I really can't imagine life without this and may have to give away some of my other highlighters, because this is allllll I need. (Ok, I might keep a couple)


Since using the 100% Pure Argan Oil, I've clearly fallen in love. In fact, so much, that I bought the Nourishing Argan Oil Skincare Collection using my $20 off code from Sephora. It's $60 and includes the regular 50ml bottle of 100% Pure Argan Oil (which is $60 on its own!) plus the cleansing oil, milk and face butter.

Have you tried anything from Josie Maran?

No comments:

Post a Comment