-->

July 26, 2016

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Review


Whether you have dry, oily or acne prone skin, it's important to have a good and proper skin care routine that best fits you. Vichy is a line that one of my acne prone friends has been using for years, and one that I've been getting acquainted with a little more recently, thanks to ChickAdvisor.

Vichy's been around for 80 years and thanks to a panel of experts that include dermatologists, nutritionists and even gynecologists, Vichy has a line of products for a wide variety of skin care concerns.


I was lucky enough to be able to try out their new line, Aqualia Thermal. I'm sure you've seen the commercials on tv. It's made with the Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water that travels 4000 meters underground through a volcanic region which naturally infuses the water with 15 minerals.

So, what are these 15 minerals?
  1. Orthophosphates: energy synthesis
  2. Calcium: protection
  3. Sodium: regulation of cell hydration
  4. Boron: healing
  5. Iron: cells oxygenation
  6. Fluorine: antioxident
  7. Ammonium: amino-acid synthesis
  8. Lithium: anti-inflammatory
  9. Magnesium: stimulates regeneration
  10. Manganese: antioxident
  11. Silicone: stimulates regeneration
  12. Sulphur: organism detoxification
  13. Hydrogenocarbonates: buffer effect
  14. Potassium: skin hydration 
  15.  Unknown (at the time of posting, only 14 were listed on the website, and Vichy hasn't gotten back to me in regards to this)
The Aqualia Thermal line contains up to 10% of this mineralizing thermal water plus hyaluronic acid (important ingredient, more info here), aquabioryl (deeper into the skins epidermis for longer hydration) and y-carrageenans (reinforces skin's barrier to lock in hydration).

About a month ago, the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Light Cream, Dynamic Hydration Power Serum and Awakening Eye Balm landed on my door steps to be tested out.


The Vichy Aqualia Thermal Awakening Eye Balm has become a new favourite of mine. I've been on the lookout for a good eye cream/balm/serum lately, so I was quite happy to have this arrive just before my birthday! It has a smooth, almost gel-like texture and a little goes a long way. Half a pump is all that's needed for both eyes!


The Awakening Eye Balm contains Glycerin and Dimethicone. Glycerin is often used in products meant for sensitive skin (around the eyes is very sensitive) and because of it's moisturizing properties, it helps prevent dryness. While filling in fine lines, the Dimethicone (a silicone type ingredient) creates a barrier, protecting your skin from the harmful polution and keeping the moisture in.

After several weeks, I'm quite happy with the results. And at $36 for 15ml, I'll be buying this when I run out.


In the past, I've tested out a different serum from Vichy and enjoyed it, so I was delighted to receive their new Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Power Serum. Housed in a class container, this lightweight serum has a milky consistency and a light, clean smell (that disappears when applied on your skin).

As with the eye balm, a little goes a long way; one pump is all that is needed for my entire face. Used morning and night, the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Power Serum provides long lasting moisture to your skin for up to 48hours. It absorbed quickly into my skin and didn't leave any residue, so I was able to do my makeup within a couple of minutes. My skin felt great all day long.


Lastly, we have the Vichy Aqualia Thermal  Dynamic Hydration Cream Light Cream. This day cream comes in a light and rich formula. Light provides 24hours lasting hydration, while Rich provides 48hours lasting hydration. The cream is obviously thicker than the serum and has the same clean smell, however I find he smell a little stronger.

Even though I received the Light version, the cream might be a little too rich for me. It doesn't absorb as well as the other two products do, and it did leave a residue behind. I wasn't able to do my face makeup until a good 15 minutes after application. In a busy morning, nobody's got time for that! Even though Vichy has a night cream version, I've been using this at night instead and have been enjoying it. It wont be replacing my normal night cream anytime soon though. Vichy also has a Mineral Water Gel version that might work a little better for my skin.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the Vichy Aqualia Thermal line.

No comments:

Post a Comment