-->

July 08, 2016

Face Friday: Modern Renaissance Face of the Day

Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette

Having just received the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette a few days before my birthday, using it for my birthday look was a must!

Here's what I created using this stunning palette.

Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette

Luckily, it wasn't crazy hot, so I was still ok with wearing some sort of foundation without worry of it melting off at the end of the day. By the way, these face shots were taking after an 8 hours work day! Other than lips, no touch ups!

Here's what I used:

Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette

  • Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer
  • Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream
  • Too Faced Born This Way Naturally Radient Concealer
  • Wet n' Wild Fergy Primer
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette
  • Cargo Texas Lash mascara
  • Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop
  • Smashbox Primer Water
  • Wet n' Wild Velvet Matte Lip Color in Toffee Frappe 
  • Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper


Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette

1 - Warm Taupe all over lid & crease (this is the transition colour, use a light hand)
2 - Red Ochre blended in crease
3 - Golden Ochre on lid
4 - Antique Bronze in outer V
5 - Venetian Red in a smaller outer V
6 - Tempera on brow bone and inner corner

The trick is to make sure you blend really well. I didn't blend Golden Ochre into the crease because I wanted a more defined crease. 

Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette


There's still some time; don't forget to enter my birthday giveaway!


8 comments:

  1. Make up is more of a special occasion treat for me since I can't wear it at work. Since it's not an every day thing for me I'm still working on perfecting my blending. I love what you did with the pallet though - it looks great!

    - amber y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Practice (and patience) makes perfect. You'll get the hang of it soon enough :)

      Delete
  2. I am so grateful for your blog!! I am so happy I have found a blog like this that covers make up, the best way to wear it etc. I am not great with what make up to use and how to apply it so it is so great to find a helpful blog like this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you found me and enjoy the blog. Keep in touch!

      Delete
  3. Love this look! Did you have any trouble with the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner? I've heard mixed reviews about it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I actually don't have any issues with the KVD Tattoo or Ink Liners. I store them point down, and they've lasted me several months (and almost daily wear) They're actually my Holy Grail liners!

      Put up a review here:
      http://gemstone-beauty.blogspot.ca/2015/06/my-holy-grail-eyeliner-kat-von-d-ink.html

      Delete
  4. Love how pretty your eye shadow is.

    ReplyDelete