-->

April 27, 2016

Wet n Wild Studio Eyeshadow Palette QuartzCenter Swatch + Review


wet n wild QuartzCenter

Wet n Wild has released two palettes this Spring/Summer (Ok, more like re-packaged, re-named and re-released {these were originally from the Fergie line}, but first time to Canada!). The first I showed you was Wet n Wild Studio Eyeshadow Palette: Coming in Latte, today is QuartzCenter



The 10 eyeshadows, a mix of shimmer and glitter (no matte in this one), are once again housed in a plastic casing with a clear window in the front for easy viewing.There is also a double-ended synthetic brush. It's the same brush as the other palette, which while not the greatest, isn't too bad for someone who may be starting off.


Much like an amethyst (the purple variation of quartz), this palette is a combination of purples, a beige, and an almost pink colour. The remaining four colours, various shades of grey, seem to represent the stone in which the quartz comes from. Of course, this is all speculation.

wet n wild QuartzCenter


Of the 10 shadows, the last 5 (the darkest shades), were smooth. The rest of them felt a tiny bit gritty. The second shadow must have been defective for me. I was so excited about the colour, but I could not pick up any of it! It just wouldn't transfer at all. I ended up having to scrape a little off the top in order to get to the good stuff underneath. Once I got it, I loved the colour, just wish it was more pigmented.

The lighter colours need to be built up a little as they're not as pigmented as the darker colours. They blend well with a little work.

Again, no names on the colours, which is a bit of a bummer for me. The pigmentation of the lighter shades could have been better, and there could have definitely been better differences between the greys. They're all so similar! 

wet n wild QuartzCenter
 wet n wild QuartzCenter swatches
wet n wild QuartzCenter
 wet n wild QuartzCenter swatches


I haven't been to my local Walmart in a while, so I'm not sure of the price of this. The overall quality isn't too bad, so as long as it's around the $10-$12 range, this is an OK palette.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's hilarious that there's four varying shades of grey in this sucker. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo for no names, but yay for pretty purples!

    ReplyDelete