-->

April 06, 2016

essence XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss: Swatches + Review

xxxl longlasting lipgloss swatch, review

I remember being a kid and picking up lipglosses from the dollar store. They were the fruity rollerball ones. Ah man, had quite the collection back then. Even today, I have quite the collection of lipglosses, but a little more grown-up.

Today's lipglosses have more colour, more appealing scents (although grape was pretty good) and are not as sticky.

xxxl longlasting lipgloss swatch, review

One brand I'm quite happy to have in my lipgloss collection is essence. I've mentioned it quite a few times that their glosses are fantastic.

essence has recently launched their new XXXL Lipglosses at Loblaws and I was lucky enough to receive the entire lineup! They have the XXXL Nude Lipgloss, XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss and XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss - The Matt. There are 3 in each category, for a total of 9 lovely glosses. One of the things that I love about these new glosses is that they're no sparkly, shimmery, glittery, etc. They're just straight up colour.

xxxl nude lipgloss swatch, review
Just Nude!, Shy Beauty, Baby Doll's Favourite

XXXL Nude Lipgloss have an angled doe-foot applicator and has a light fruity smell. Like the name suggests, these are nude colours, perfect for adding a bit of shine without too much colour. It's not sticky, which is perfect, however like most glosses, it's not very long lasting.

Just Nude!

Shy beauty

Baby Doll's Favourite

xxxl longlasting lipgloss swatch, review
Very Berry, I Love Pink, Taste The Sweets
XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss has the same doe-foot applicator as the Nude Lipglosses, however the smell is very light, and a cross between fruity and sweet. The scent on this one is the least noticeable compared to the others. The XXXL Longlasting Lipglosses are more pigmented and last a little longer on the lips compared to the Nudes. Again, not sticky at all.


Very Berry
I Love Pink

Taste The Sweets


Paddle vs Doe Foot applicator


xxxl longlasting lipgloss matte swatch, review
Velvet Rose, Silky Red, Soft Nude

XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss - The Matt has a paddle applicator and has the strongest of smells. It smells like a vanilla cupcake, icing and all! Even though the smell disappears shortly after application, this can be a deterrent for many people. Texture is mousse-like, feeling super light on the lips. Application is smooth, with beautiful colour payoff that lasts for several hours. This dries down to an almost complete matte finish, so while it is drying, I find it takes much longer to get the crazy dryness that other matte lipsticks or glosses tend to cause.

Velvet Rose
Silky Red

Soft Nude

While the XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss - The Matt are my favourite, these are all great glosses at an awesome price of $3.49. These ones are Loblaws exclusives.





4 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE the look of Silky Read. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my hands on Velvet Rose, love it! I was at Loblaws yesterday and that store doesn't have their essence products yet. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the 3 matte shades. I wish they would make more colours!

    ReplyDelete