-->

February 28, 2016

My top 5 drugstore beauty finds


Drugstore makeup has really stepped up its game. They're evening out the playing field while keeping a large gap in the price. Something that everyone can appreciate.

There's also no better feeling than finding a drugstore brand item that works as well (or better) than your fave department store or high-end brand. Your wallet does a little dance, you don't have to find hiding spots when your loved one asks what you bought and you get to splurge on the other stuff instead!

So here are my top 5 drugstore beauty finds

#1. wet n wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer


This eyeshadow primer has won itself a permanent spot on my makeup vanity. Housed in a squeeze tube, similar to UD's Primer Potion (before they added the wand back to it), this silky formula dries clear and keeps eyeshadow in place for hours. Currently on hour 15, and it's still holding strong. No creasing or smudging; this eyeshadow isn't going anywhere. I don't remember the price, but I believe it's around $6.99

#2. essence make me brow


I've been stalking the essence website and Shoppers Drug Mart displays for months in hope that we'd get this and when we finally did, I bought 3. This is a dupe to Benefit's Gimme Brow. I got it once as a gift, loved it, but refuse to pay $30 for 0.1oz. essence on the other hand, is $3.99 for 0.12oz. It doesn't replace my Dipbrow, but this is great for days on the run!

#3. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream


This has been out for several years now, quite a bit longer before the matte lip craze took off. While it's not as matte as the newer products coming out, it's a nice satin finish that feels like whipped butter when applied. It's weightless and has great colour payoff. It doesn't feel as drying as the newer matte lippies, but it's also not transfer proof either. But that's ok with me. Its gotta be my favourite texture for a lip products! These go for $10.49 at Shoppers.

#4. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water


Why are you spending $20+ on a micelle water when you can pay $10 for nearly twice as much and get the same results? The Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water doesn't remove my eye makeup (but neither does Bioderma) but it removes all of my face makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. And for those of you who may have to do lipstick/lipgloss swatches, I used this to remove the lip product from my lips about 10 times with no problem, no weird taste, and didn't leave my lips crazy dry. Awesome!

#5. Amie Spring Clean Deep Cleansing Mask


This deep cleansing mask draws out the impurities, leaving your skin clear and refreshed. The lime butter and peppermint not only smell delicious, but helps create a cooling effect that is awesome in the summer.  $12 for 100ml is a steal!




No comments:

Post a Comment