-->

January 06, 2016

Hask Hair Care: Review


While some women just pick whichever shampoo or conditioner are on sale, many women are looking for hair care products that meet specific needs. 

Often, the standard promise of moisture and shine is good enough. However, we often crave something a little more: tame fly-aways, help prevent split ends, rejuvenate our hair.

Hask has multiple products to suit your needs, and I have a few that I'd like to show you. Most of Hask's lines include a shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and oil.

Hask Keratin Protein Shampoo and Conditioner


"Give damaged, over-processed hair a miracle makeover with Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Shampoo. Infused with Hydrolyzed Keratin to reduce frizz and block humidity, this shampoo gently cleanses leaving even the most unruly hair soft and revitalized with incredible shine. Ideal for frizzy, dry or color-treated hair, this shampoo's delicious scent will also invigorate your senses."

The conditioner reads the same, except "this conditioner gently smoothes and detangles"

For a shampoo that doesn't contain any sulfates or parabens, I was pleasantly surprised at how much it lathered.

The one thing that bothered me the most about this product, is how much it actually dried out my ends. I know that I'm due for a trim, but my ends have never looked like this. This was terrible. I have an appointment in the next two weeks, so I will re-visit these two then, but for now, Nope!

Hask Coconut Monoi Oil


Monoi Oil is a infused perfume-oil. It's made by allowing the petals of Tahitian gardenias to soak in coconut oil. It has been used by French Polynesian women for centuries to soften their skin and hair.

This smells absolutely amazing! It will transport you to a tropical destination, surrounded by pineapples and drinking a piƱa colada. It's a very coconut-y smell, but I also get a hint of pineapple.

The oil can be used on wet or dry hair to smooth and add shine. I prefer when my hair is still pretty damp. The key is quantity; don't put too much or else your hair won't absorb it and you'll just look greasy.

This made a huge difference in my hair when used after the Hask Keratin Protein Shampoo & Conditioner. When I used the oil, my ends did not look like they were fried. Instead, they looked healthy and shiny!

Hask Argan Oil Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment


The most well-known of the hair oils is the famous Moroccan Argan Oil. Often used to smooth, strengthen and add shine to your hair, this is often referred to as the "liquid gold" of hair oils.

Apply in the shower after cleansing your hair, allow to sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it out. Any damage seems to be reversed and hair is left looking like a million bucks!

After several days of blow-drying, straightening and hairspray abuse, my hair needed a little pick-me-up, and this was the perfect solution.

The ultimate test (for me anyways), is to not comb or blow dry my hair after the shower. When dried, it was super smooth (not to be confused with flat, because I still had quite the volume going on!), had a healthy amount of shine, no knots and no major fly-aways. This is a clear winner in my books!

Depending on length and thickness, one package can get several treatments. For reference, my hair is medium-long and fairly thick. I got 3 treatments out of 1 package.

2 comments: