-->

January 01, 2016

Best of 2015: Makeup, nails and skin

Best makeup of 2015

Happy New Year!

While people often like to put the past behind them and focus on the future, I decided to take this time to reflect on the past year. In 2015, I've come across many great (and not-so-great) products. Here are the products that I thought were the Best of 2015.

Note: Not all the items listed have come out in 2015. Some have been favourites that just haven't been replaced or newly discovered items.

Best makeup of 2015

Eyeshadow Palette: Lorac Unzipped. Since I purchased the palette during my road trip to Minnesota, it's been my go-to. I may cry when I hit pan on this palette.

Single Eyeshadow: Colorpop. Having only joined my collection in December, I can't get enough of these shadows! Pigmentation and texture are amazing. You can expect a review in the future.

Eyeliner: Kat Von D Ink Liner & Tattoo Liner. These have the same formula, just a slightly different brush. For someone with oily lids, these have become my holy grails for the perfect winged liner.

Best makeup of 2015

Mascara: essence Lash Mania Reloaded. With a price point of $5, this mascara is better than many Sephora brand mascaras.

Bronzer: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer. This bronzer gives a luminous glow without looking orange.

Highlighter: Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop. This was all over social media when it launched, and for quite some time after as well. It's my perfect highlighter when I have a slight tan going on.

Lipstick: Bite Mauvember. I absolutely adore Bite and completely in love with Mauvember.

Best skincare of 2015

Dry Shampoo: Colab Sheer Invisible. Finally, a dry shampoo that works and I don't have to worry about a weird white powder residue.

Body Lotion: Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil. This absorbs much better than a regular lotion or butter. And it has a light smell of cocoa. Mmm.

Face Scrub: THEFACESHOP Honey and Brown Sugar Scrub. It smells amazing, warms up and leaves my skin feeling great.

Face Mask: Montagne Jeunesse. I love the fact that one pack can get me 2-3 sessions and great when travelling.

Face Cream: Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream. I love everything about it. It's light, absorbs well, doesn't leave my skin feeling or looking greasy, has a slight cooling effect, a little goes a long way and is not crazy expensive.

Best nail care of 2015

Nail Polish: essence The Gel Nail Polish. Love the brush, shine and lasts several days.

Top Coat: essence The Gel Nail Polish Top  Coat. Even paired with other brands, this top coat makes my manicures last a good 5 days, even when typing all day and doing dishes at night.

Stamping Polish: Moyou London. When comparing whites, this is a solid winner.

Stamper: Moyou London. This squishy marshmallow is amazing. I really should purchase a backup.

Best stamping plates of 2015

Stamping Plates: It's a tie between Cici & Sisi and Moyou London. Cici & Sisi is $5.99 US per plate, but the plate is much bigger than Moyou London's! Plus if you buy them in "Collections" (6 plates and book for $29.99), you get a good deal. But again, US + Shipping. Moyou is $13.95CAD per plate, can get them locally and offer MUCH more variety. Both brands are awesome quality.

What have been your favourites in 2015? 

4 comments:

  1. My favourite for nail polish is Circle Colors Juicy collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Montagne Jeunesse masks - I don't think they get enough love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are blue to do my sister that can present to 100 meter reads they’re not very prevalent the remoteMy First Online Payday system is a branch of knowledge that develops so lively on the planet there everybody ought to act naturally governing horrendously.

    http://masspmmusclegrowth.com/my-first-online-payday/

    ReplyDelete
  4. as opposed to single task when I seesingle task gaming focusing on one thing at a time becausewhat happens Formula Focus is if you're working on two three or five differentthings at a time there these the column like switching costs theamount of time when you switch from one thing toanother your house,

    http://masspmmusclegrowth.com/formula-focus/

    ReplyDelete