-->

July 02, 2015

April, May and June Empties

It's been so long since I've done an empties post! These empties have been sitting in my empties bin for a bit now and it feels so nice to finally get this post up and the items cleared away!


Maybelline Illegal Length and Essence All Eyes on Me (waterproof) mascaras: I would not repurchase. Did not like the brushes and formula.
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme: While I liked the brush and formula, it wasn't anything special for $29. I would not purchase.
Laura Mercier (Full Blow Volume Supreme): Another mascara that was just meh. Nothing special about it. I would not ourchase.
Elizabeth Arden mascara: Just another not-so-special mascara. Would not purchase.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: This is the primer I tend to purchase. I've never had any issues and will continue purchasing this primer.
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack: Love the formula, but it transferred onto my eyelids. Annoying. Would not repurchase.
Tarte Tarteist Clay Paint Liner (small sample): While this lasted longer than most eyeliners, it still transferred. I thought I found a good one. Would not purchase.
Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer: I love UD's primers, but I found this one to be more liquidy. Would not purchase.

Lise Watier Magnifix: This is essentially a setting spray. I liked the smell of the white tea and found that this did help my makeup last longer than usual (but not all day). Keeping my options open, but I'd repurchase this.
Marcelle Soothing Cleansing Water: This came free with my makeup remover, and I really liked it. I've never tried other micellar waters, but this was great all over. I'm not sure if it did a whole lot (other than remover some dirt from my face), but it did feel refreshing. Similar to a toner (I'd have to try each on one half of my face). I would possibly purchase.
Amie New Bloom Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes: I found these to be a little rough on the skin, specially around the eyes. I would not repurchase.





CoLab Dry Shampoo: I loved these! I preferred Tropical over London, but both worked amazingly. No blending required! Definitely will be purchasing (already bought one!)
Psssst dry shampoo: While it worked, it left a white residue that I had to really work into my hair. Would not purchase.
Marulagold Intelligent Shampoo & Conditioner: These smell so much like tea tree, which is probably my favourite smell. If it wasn't for the price (these little guys are $8 each!), I would purchase them, however I can't afford that much on a shampoo & conditioner, so I would not be purchasing.  (PS - I also received the full size of these)
Garnier Split End Serum: Smelled amazing and seems to be helping prevent split ends. Currently working on the full size, but I would purchase.
Pure+Simple Green Tea Face Wash: Smelled alright, but was very, very thin, so it would often run down my hand as I'm trying to apply. Didn't notice any differences. Would not purchase.
John Freida Brilliant Brunette Shampoo & Conditioner: While my hair was left shiny after usage, I feel like this might be a product better suited for someone who dyes there hair brown. Would not purchase.
OPI AvoJuice Hand & body Lotion: These left my skin feeling silky smooth! While I didn't care much for Winter Huckleberry, Cran & Berry was my absolute favourite. The smell was divine! Would purchase.
Dove Ultimate supreme deodorant: Smelled refreshing at first, but quickly fades away. It also transfers easily onto dark clothing. Would not purchase.
Maskeraide Beauty Restore Sheet Mask: Felt cool and refreshing. Face was fully moisturized. I'd consider purchasing again.
Vitabath Beach Blossom Body Wash: Wasn't a big fan of the smell, however it did dissipate quickly. Would not purchase.
Adidas Smooth Body Wash: This was little micobeads that helped exfoliate your skin. It was nice, however I no longer want to purchase products that have plastic microbeads. Would not repurchase.



2 comments:

  1. So many empties! Doesn't seem like you had great luck with these mascaras. Most don't work for me cause I get raccoon eyes (even with waterproof mascaras).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it!
      For the cost of them, I ask a lot from my mascaras! Why should I pay $30+ for a mascara if I can get the same results from a drugstore brand mascara for $12

      Delete