-->

June 13, 2015

Guest Post: Rocking the Neon Trend

Hi there!

I'm Chantal from Chantal's Corner and I'm excited to be a guest for Samantha as part of the Canadian Beauty Bloggers' monthly guest posts! Our theme this month is neon so I did some crackled neon nail art for you.

chantal's corner neon nail art

I saw someone do some very similar nail art not too long ago and that was my inspiration for this post. Unfortunately I don't remember where I saw this.

Here are the products I used:
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "White On"
  • Sinful Colors "Innocent"
  • China Glaze "Shocking Pink (neon)"
  • NYC Long Wearing "Times Square"
  • BK Kitty "#28"
  • Sally Hansen Big Crackle Top Coat
  • China Glaze "Fairy Dust"
  • CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat

chantal's corner neon nail art

I started off with a coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "White On" as a base so the colours would be as bright as possible. I then added spots of colours on the nails so that all the white was covered. After that I added Sally Hansen Big Crackle Top Coat.

At this point I did not like my nails at all and was not going to use them for my guest post. I was actually hating how they looked. The crackle polish had a very flat and dull finish to it and the colours underneath weren't popping through as much as I hoped they would. So I decided to add some China Glaze "Fairy Dust" cause that's my go-to to fix nail art I'm not too fond of. As soon as I added a coat of Fairy Dust the black became a nice deep black and the colours really popped through - I was SO happy! I then finished it off with a coat of CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat and my nails were done!

chantal's corner neon nail art

This was my first time using a crackle top coat and I'm glad I researched it a bit before using it. It dries REALLY fast so don't even bother wiping some polish off the brush like you would with a regular nail polish, just dip it in and use it all.

You can tell that it applied a bit thicker on my middle finger because the crackle pattern is different than on the other fingers (more square-ish and less linear).

chantal's corner neon nail art

It's too bad that the camera does not pick up on the glitter of Fairy Dust because it's so sparkly in real life. On camera it just looks like mini grey glitters.

This was my first time using a crackle polish and I love the effect that it gives! Even my husband loves it and said it's one of my best nail art so far. I'm SO happy with how they turned out and I hope you like them too. :-)

Thank you Samantha for having me as your guest today!

- Chantal :-)

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! What a gorgeous effect! I haven't used crackle nailpolishes since the 90s. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelle! This is my first time ever using a crackle top coat, I'm a bit behind the trends, lol!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for having me as your guest Samantha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seriously never gets old. I love crackle polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad I picked it up, I love the effect!

      Delete