-->

April 17, 2015

Review: Oz Naturals 20% Vitamin C Serum



Like most parents, my parents would place a little Fred or Dino multi-vitamin beside my breakfast to make sure I didn't forget about taking them. We never really knew why we needed to take them, but those little Flinstone vitamins were good and we didn't mind chomping down on them.

Fast forward about a dozen years to adulthood. We now understand why vitamins are so important and try to make sure that we get as much as needed. From multi-vitamins to a single vitamin supplement, it's a large world.

Vitamin C is a highly regarded vitamin for anti-aging. It helps collagen growth in your skin which helps your skin's elasticity and in turn, decreases the looks of wrinkles. Since Vitamin C is a antioxidant, it also helps with dark spots.

Like the name says, the 20% Vitamin C + Amino + Hyaluronic Acid Serum by Oz Naturals contains 20% Vitamin C, which is more than many products on the market, which usually contain anywhere from 5-10% on average.


It also contains Hyaluronic Acid (HA), which is found in our bodies. HA is a tiny molecule that can retain over 1000 times its weight in water within the skin cells, which helps soften fine lines and wrinkles. However, with natural aging, the amount of HA in our body decreases, and continuous usage of HA is recommended to keep it up.  "Scientific studies have shown that HA improves skin hydration, stimulates production of collagen in skin, works as an antioxidant and free radical scavenger, maintains skin elasticity, cushions joints and nerve tissues, has an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory activity and maintains the fluid in the eye tissues, which may help to protect against numerous possible eye concerns."

So, after a little over a week of usage, I can't see a difference, but my skin feels great. After I wash and use toner, I apply about 3 dots on my skin (each cheek and forehead) and massage it in. Usually I do my cheeks/chin/nose first, then my forehead, and by the time I'm done my forehead, it's completely absorbed into the rest of my skin. Within an easy 2 minutes (maybe even less), it's completely absorbed and I can continue with my regular makeup routine. It hasn't made me break out and I'm not any oilier than I normally get.


While this may not be something everyone in their 20's need, anyone approaching their 30's and definitely in their 40's should use this.  Keep this in mind: you don't start using anti-aging products after the lines and spots have appeared. It's easier to stop the process before it's happened than it is to try to reverse it completely.

Oz Naturals is made in the USA, cruelty free, 100% vegan, and this product is 92% natural and 72% organic.

Oz Naturals 20% Vitamin C + Amino + Hyaluronic Acid Serum can be purchased through their website or via Amazon. It currently sells for $27.49CAD.

*this product was received for review. All opinions are my own.

1 comment: