-->

June 15, 2014

There's a new liner brush in town: Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush

The perfect winged liner. It's what every girl wants. In order to master that perfect flick, the right tool are needed and the most important tool of all, is the brush.
We've all been there at some point.
Photo credit: unknown

I'm pretty good with my liner, but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect brush. Almost there. When I received the Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush to review, I was hoping that this would be the end of my search.


The Silicone Liner Brush, created by the lovely Chapman sisters (Sam & Nic known on youtube as Pixiwoo) follows the rest of their line with the color chosen for the handle (purple for eyes) and affordability.

The tip is made of silicone and is tapered so you have better control of the size of line you want - thick or thin. Simply dip the brush in your product and create your line. And do it again, and again, and again.


You see, for cream/gel liners (such as MAC's fluidline), you have to go back to grab product quite often. Once the brush doesn't have product on it, it tugs at your lids a bit, and if you're trying to go back to try to fix a line, or just go back because you ran out of product, it'll tug and seems to remove some of the product that's already there.


Even for the liquid liners, I'm not getting a perfect, unwavering line. Of course, one can't simply blame the brush as you do need a fairly steady hand, but I feel that you have to go way too slow, or go back way to often to get it done right.

This is one liner brush that you need lots of practice and patience for. If you're pressed for time, might not be the best brush to use.

Using MAC Fluidline, after about 7 dips back into the pot, you can see how the top still isn't a nice clean line.

The great thing that I do love about this brush is how super easy it is to clean it, and no drying time! Just put some makeup remover on a cotton pad/ball, wipe, and you're done.

For me, this is one brush that I don't have time for.  I'll continue trying it when I have time, but right now, it's not convenient for me. Honestly, I don't care for the small liner brushes like this any ways. I'm an angled liner brush kinda girl. If they make a angled liner brush out of silicone, I will want to try that!

You can purchase the Real Techniques brushes at Farleyco.ca or Walmart.

*hugz*
-Sam

(item was received for testing purposes)

No comments:

Post a Comment