-->

April 23, 2013

Revlon Nails

I was so excited and surprised when I got a package from Revlon Selects the other day. When I opened it up, I found a lovely surprise of nail goodies!

Received Revlon Colorstay nail polish in Rose Beige, Revlon Chroma Chameleon in Gold and Revlon Nail Art 3D Jewel Appliqués WildFlowers in Python & Petals. I must say, while it was probably a fluke, I'd say each of these colours are very me, haha.

As much as I'd love to talk about the appliqués, I'm waiting for my nails to be a little more uniform before I test them out (in other words, I broke two nails badly). But, I will leave you with this photo that shows the beauty of Pythons & Petals.


As much as I "Oooh'd and Ahh'd" at the Beige Rose, I decided to try the Chroma Chameleon first.

The name Chroma Chameleon tells me two things: It'll be shiny/metallic kind of like chrome and it'll possibly change colour. In the bottle, you see a beautiful gold colour with a hint of green/blue almost purple in the corners of the bottle.

From Revlon: "Shine in rich jewel tones with the sensation of sleek colour changing multi-chromes on your fingertips. Available in 8 luminous shades"

The brush is thin which I don't really like. Because of the formula & colour, the polish is slightly streaky. It's to be expected and didn't bother me at all. I had to apply about 3 coats for good solid coverage. The outcome?

flash, flash, natural light

Well the name didn't disappoint. It was shiny and in certain light it seemed to change colour a little. It only really changed to a light goldish-green. I think I'd like to try the purple one next.

Difference between the two brushes


I also tried out the Revlon Colorstay in Rose Beige. This is one of 8 new "skin matched shades" and I absolutely love this colour. Neutral dusty pink.

From Revlon "Skin tone matching shades elongate your fingertips for a chic, minimalist look that lasts. Available in 8 skin matching shades.

While I can't say I've met anyone with skin this colour, it's beautiful. The brush is wide (much better than Chroma Chameleon's) and the polish was opaque with two coats. I had actually gotten a compliment that day when I went out (I never get compliments on my nails!). I can't say much in regards to the lasting power because I used Seche Vite on top of it and that stuff never lasts me more than 2 days (more on that to come later). If you're looking for a nice neutral, I suggest to take a look at Revlon's line.


Remember! Both of these are Limited Edition, so if you want them, get them while you can!

*hugz*

-Sam

2 comments:

  1. I gotta tell ya Sam... I ONLY use the Revlon ColorStay polish.... It lasts 1 week with NO chipping so as long as you use the base and top coats for this collection. I swear by it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the appliques! The Chroma Chameleon is really pretty, as well. Can't say i'm too much of a fan of the pink, though.

    ReplyDelete