-->

January 13, 2013

Mariah Carey OPI Liquid Sand

I wasn't looking for this. It was just there, right in my face as I was waiting for an appointment at the salon. I immediately fell in love with one of the new Liquid Sand which will be trending for the next little bit, I'm sure.
For those that are not familiar with Liquid Sand nail polish, it has a textured, slightly gritty finish. Something like a 180-220 grit sandpaper (but I don't think you will sand anything) The colour I purchased was Stay the Night, which is a black base with magenta-red glitter.

It took about 3 coats to get nice, full coverage. It takes a little longer to dry, but once it's dried, it's not going anywhere.

I decided to do my accent nail with a top coat. Because of the gritty texture, I needed to apply 3 coats to get a smooth finish.


For anyone who's wondering how's the wear without topcoat - It's been nearly 2 full days (applied Friday evening). It has survived showering, dishes and my normal weekend activities (including typing up blog posts!). Only now has it chipped ever so slightly on one thumb and one middle finger only.  After my shower, I did notice that some of the glitter had lost it's colour and turned silver. Still looks good!

9 comments:

  1. I don't like a lot of the textured nail polishes that are out now (like the beads) but this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the fish egg ones by Ciate? I've never tried, but the Liquid Sand is the formula, so you don't have to go dipping your finger in tiny beads. I can see how that would be annoying.

      Delete
  2. this is the one i want most from the collection! very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel in love with this one immediately. The purple one is really pretty too

      Delete
  3. I need to get my hands on a liquid sand polish! I love the red flecks in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like they're going to be a hot item, so you may want to keep your eye open for them, or go hunting for them soon :)

      Delete
  4. This looks so cool! I have been wanting to try the liquid sand polishes


    ReplyDelete