-->

November 15, 2012

November Topbox

I've seen many spoilers of this box (facebook group). I think I fell in love with the first box I seen (box 10). All the products looked great! So when I got home and found my box waiting for me at my desk, I was super excited to see what was in mine.

I was a little disappointed when I first opened it.


Here's what I received - Box 19:
China Glaze: I Herd That (full size) - $10-$12
Cuccio Naturale: Butter Blend in Pomegranate & fig - Full Size 240g - $18.95 (received 9.24g - $0.73)
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 0L (black): Full Size (0.04oz) -$20 (received 0.025oz - $12.50)
Roberto Cavalli Eau de Parfum: Full Size 50ml - $80 or 75ml - $105 (received 5ml - $8)

Approximate total value: $31.23 - $33.23

China Glaze: I Herd That from the On Safari Collection
"These unique lacquers contain China Clay as a nail hardener, the same material that gives porcelain its shiny finish." 



Sometimes shows a little more gold than copper

Most accurately what the colour looks like

I was most excited about this product. I love this colour! I don't have any gold/copper sparkle polish in my collection and I think this is perfect for the holiday season around the corner.


Cuccio Naturale: Butter Blend in Pomegranate & Fig
"10x the moisturizing power of lotion. A non-oily, intence hydrating treatment for silky smooth skin."

It smells good. While my hands weren't dry, I did apply a small amount, which was enough for both hands and did make them feel silky smooth. Still quite smooth over an hour later.

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 0L (black)
"An award-winning, waterproof, smudge-proof, and fade-proof eyeliner that doubles as a vibrant eye shadow."


This was my personal biggest disappointment in this box. I got one (this size)well over a year ago, and I've barely used it - mostly because I have like 6 blacks already on the go and it's so small that it get's lost with all the bigger ones. I will admit though, this tiny guy is the item that costs the most in this box. I'll see if I can pull mine out tomorrow - that's a lot of "proofs" and I'd like to test that out.  Also, I wouldn't use black as a shadow.

Roberto Cavalli Deluxe Miniature Eau de Parfum
"Roberto Cavalli eau de parfum embodies glamour, femininity and sexiness."
 
I wasn't too sure about this one at first. The more I smelled it, the more I think I like it. I can't tell you what any of the notes are because my nostril's don't speak that language, however I did see on the Sephora website that it had notes of orange blossom and tonka bean. Whatever those are, they smell nice.  It's not a young smell (like my Ed Hardy), but it's not a smell that you would associate with the elderly either. I think it's age appropriate, sophisticated, feminine and sexy with a slight edge to it.


Lastly, due to an error with my previous box, I have received this item as a bonus. 

Masker Aide Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask: All Nighter
"Whether you were up all night studying or out all night partying, we've got you covered to face the long day ahead. Apply our All Nighter mask to awaken, refresh and replenish your skin. The cooling effects of the mask will help de-puff and awaken your eyes while natural Peppermint Oil awakens your sences. Aloe, Argan Oil, Heartleaf (a powerful detoxifier), Honey, Super Fruit and Cactus Extracts works together to erase the signs of the previous night and get you "boardroom" ready!"

I've never tried a facial sheet mask, so it's kinda cool. I've also never done masks in the morning, so this will be a new one for me.


Which product are you most excited to try?




2 comments:

  1. had I received your box this month, I would have stayed as a subscriber, but honestly, I hated my box this month and last month (apart for 2 items). :(

    New follower from the facebook spoiler group lol

    Lucy

    simplyblushed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you didn't like the boxes. Other than Julep, it's the only sub I got and I'm enjoying it.
      Thanks for following!

      Delete